Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Comical Art

I Love when art evokes an emotion or a response. I had this happen to me when I came across the work of Gary Taxali.  Not only does his illustrations make me smile but they make me giggle.  They are the perfect combination of vintage, whimsy and comedy. 


 "Totally Repugnant"


 "Bad Haircut/ Stupid Haircut"


 "Riesling Pigato"


 "Nebbio/Barbera"


 "Sangiovese"


 "The Nose"


 "Lost Tooth"


 "The Year That Was"


"Black Eye"

I think Steven Miller got it right when he said....

"Gary Taxali visually blends now with then.  His style, inspired by vintage comics and advertising art, is repurposed with the goal of communicating the ironies and comical essence of popular culture. His work is at once alluring and endearing."



Stephanie
....................................................................................................................................................................




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...