Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Design Destination - Design Republic - UPDATED

UPDATED- New links, head to the bottom!


 As I mentioned in my post earlier this week, I was all over Toronto this weekend.  
We went east, we went west, downtown and back north.  
While we were out and enjoying the sun on Queen west, I spotted Design Republic
This was my first time walking through and what a great find.  It turned out to be a huge store, with tonnes of design ideas and products.  I posted a pick earlier to my pinterest boards of one of the pics below if you want to have a look.


You really can't miss the storefront. No, really. You can't miss it. Gigantic red flags let you know you're in the right place.


As you can see, the store is large, 2 levels.  The top floor is worth exploring, take the back steps and head up. Pretty cool steps actually, and look above your head as well. I don't have  a picutre, but I loved how they were clad.

 

On the 2nd floor, you'll find more furniture, and get a much closer look at many of the carpets and original artwork.



They make a huge part of their inventory in house.  What they don't make is largely 
(though not all) sourced from local manufacturers.  
To you, this means a relatively green footprint and huge customization options.  
Who doesn't want a piece they've had a hand in designing for their own home?


This pillow is such cool Canadiana.  
You have the queen, the outdoors, and good, warm wool




This lime bench and bed, with a hint of tufted UK was one of my favourite finds here.  I love the faux alligator texture, paired with that industrial feeling headboard.  

 If you're near by, stop in, this is a Design Destination. Well worth the visit.  You'll find inspiration and maybe, just maybe, your next sofa.


UPDATE

Hey folks, I was recently contacted by Terry Edward Briceland to let me know this last pic, with the amazing green bench, and union jack headboard were his. He has a store within a store at Design Republic - Teb Interiors.  Check out their site for all kinds (one of  a kinds) of couture furniture, bedding, pillows, cool silkscreens etc.  Its some "awesome crap for your home".


Bill
......................................................................................................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...