Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Classic Colour Combo - Cream and Gray


Late last year I finished up a project that was swimming in creams and grays, covered in any and all shades.  It was this specific mix of shades (and of course a number of textures) that made the job turn out so well.  There is little as relaxing as this palette.

I should be getting some photos soon, but in the meantime, I thought I'd share some of my favourite cream and gray's from around the web and maybe a couple of tips on how to incorporate the combo into your space.


Take this carpet for instance, this is your starting point.  The pattern adds a great texture to the space, and shades are soft and easy to work with.  See if you can find a piece that you can pull from.  It doesn't have to be large, but a piece that has a few tones, and one that you find easy on the eye.  I find pattern helps, it gives you a couple of firm points to jump off from.  


This is a great example of multiple shades or tones of this duo.  These wing-backs have a rich tone, a luxurious texture.  It's paired with a soft, linen pillow, a very subtle mixture.  I really like the casual drapery and dark wood around the window.  One other piece to note are the polished lamps.  I like to stay away from silvery touches (unless they are leaf) but polished always looks good mixed in.  


Interesting kitchen here, stainless insert into the island back, stainless backsplash, and all that with a warm, cream/driftwood colour contrast.



Many shades here, covering everything from cabinetry to mannequins.  I really love the gallery photos and light wall behind to highlight them.  



Of course fashion is another source of inspiration, if you needed any.  One of the first things I always look for when I'm coming up with a colour scheme for a job is to search for fabrics with a few of the basics that I want to work into the space.

  
This is the exit door that I want to have in my place, all in the shades that I'm loving these days.


Oh and I should make note of my favourite cream and grey Pinterest board (and check out mine here!)

Bill
........................................................................................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...