Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Design Destination - Timeless Treasures - San Fran Edition!



While I was out in California a few weeks back, one of our stops was the wonderful, very foggy, San Francisco. Aside from the typical travel stops, good eats, bridges etc, I found a little time to stop in at a few designer friendly stores. 

Hands down, one of the highlights for me, was Timeless Treasures.  This is such a cool little spot and well worth the stop. The staff was amazing, and I'm soooooo embarrassed to say, I forget the name of the "Treasure Clerk" who helped me, but she was great!

  
Joan O'Connor, who I unfortunately didn't get a chance to meet, has built a wonderful french inspired little spot. Small vintage pieces adorn every surface, mirrors and wall hangings adorn every wall. There is glassware, memorabilia and enough stamps, old type face and signage for every crafty project you have in mind.




Very beautiful vintage inspired, jewelery pieces.  I believe (forgive me if I get this wrong, its been a few weeks), these are made in France, from vintage molds.  Silver and gold and pearl and semi-precious...   ...you get the idea. 



The "Can't Miss" in the store is the very obvious well stocked, vintage, colourful, letter collection.  You can request anything.  I've been told they will spell the word for you, grab a couple of snap shots, and send them out.  
Then they ship the letters to you, wherever you may be.

Designers pay attention.  You can basically spell anything, and they'll help you give it a unique flavour for whatever space you need.  Sounds like a win-win to me.

  


Hey, I have that book!
  More to come on San Fran, but do yourself a favour and stop by if you are in the neighbour hood. Hell, make time if you're anywhere near them. At the very least check out their blog here.  Timeless Treasures is worth discovering.

Bill
...............................................................................................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...