Monday, September 3, 2012

Happy Monday! Three Visits Queen West And The County General




 I love exploring this somewhat new city of mine, so when three decided to visit the Trinity Bellwoods area I was pretty excited.


Queen St W is packed full of great stores, fashion and interiors, bakeries and some amazing restaurants.


The County General was on our list of places to check and it did not disappoint.



It's small but packs a lot of punch with their decor.  I have to admit when checking out the menu I was all over the fish taco, however it's huge and wasn't served at the time we were there.



Upon several recommendations the tomato sandwich was suggested...tomato sandwich, really?  


Wow was I wrong!  It was the most amazing sandwich I've ever had!  Fresh, delicious Vicki's tomatoes and the avocado chutney, I'm craving it as I type this!  

Keri
..................................................................................................................................................................



Like Keri said above, Queen West/Trinity Bellwoods is such a great area to visit.  There's a little of everything. You've got seamstresses selling their wares, some fantastic design stores, and great eats...     ...beautiful subtle segue complete... 

  I started off on Dufferin and worked my way east along Queen to meet up at The County General. When you're making your way to the 'General, spend time at some of these amazing design stores.  I mean, I was passing INabstracto, how was I not to go in? 



 Check out this wicked chair in the shed out back.  This store is so deep. No, literally, deep. It goes way back in off the street.

When you do make it to The County General, I hope you're ready.  The food is crazy good.  The service was fun, friendly and courteous.  The Manhattan was recommended, to sip on while I waited for my sandwich.  Good choice, it was just awarded the best Manhattan on BlogTO.com



My sandwich.  Crispy chicken thighs and fries.  Soooooo juicy and delicious.  

Sweet decor too.



From The outside to the inside, I like the thought that went into this place. I like the slightly warm grays, I like the warm unfinished wood and I like the rustic honest feeling.



All in all, a great visit. When you're in the area next, and you know you will be, grab lunch, grab dinner, grab some eats and be happy.



Oh, and before I forget, on the way out, we ran into the folks from Graven Feather showing off the tiniest little corner of their artist collective with this old school press!  3 Artists in a working gallery who also do work shops, sign up!

Bill
....................................................................................................................................


Although I am on Queen Street West everyday because of work, I never have an opportunity to slow down and enjoy it. When Three was discussing possible Toronto areas we could all explore together, Queen West was an instant contender.  Queen West is full of fabulous restaurants, shops and has one of the greatest parks in the city.  The funny thing about Toronto is that each street has its own style.  QW has more of an artsy, organic, hipster vibe then say KW which is more posh and clubby.  


The County General was our fist stop and it is a perfect example of everything QW.  The moment you walked in you were welcomed by casual rustic decor which instantly made you feel cozy.  Being a huge taco fan, the pork tacos were an instant contender for me...I had no need to keep looking over the menu.  


The County Happy Hour menu was the perfect introduction to this new restaurant and it displayed their top sellers.  Next time I visit I will definitely dine later so I can enjoy their full dinner menu. Can't Wait!!!


Our last stop of the evening was The White Squirrel Coffee Shop.  Bill and I were in need of some dessert to finish off our evening.  I always knew that they sold coffee but I was pleasantly surprised they had ice cream and ice cream sandwiches to be exact!!! 


My chocolate gingerbread cookie was filled with roasted marshmallow ice cream.....Yum!!! It was the perfect ending to our QW adventure. Queen West was bunches of fun and I can't wait to see where our next Three outing takes us.    

Stephanie
..................................................................................................................................................................






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...