Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Wedding Rings and Other Things - Leif Benner



I have mentioned Melanie and my wedding rings in the past on Three. After a strong recommendation, Stephanie ended up getting them made at the same shop as well. Funny how small a city like Toronto can be. Though I don't have the honour of saying I discovered the craftsmen behind our rings, that falls to my wife, I do have the honour of writing about them. The Distillery District is home to "Leif Benner".  Home of beautiful handmade rings, and one of a kind pieces of jewellery.    


Now Leif, the designer, goldsmith and craftsman behind "Leif Benner", is not a well kept secret.  From the busyness in his shop, you can tell that the clients keep calling.  He manages somehow, even with all of these people pulling him and his talented crew in a million different directions, there is a level of authenticity to the work.




Leif attended George Brown right here in Toronto, and after choosing jewellery design over the culinary world, has excelled in his field. That authenticity I mentioned above? I think it comes from his passion.  You see it in the design variation, the quality of the pieces and on Leif's face when he has the opportunity to speak about his work.    "We do a lot of wedding jewellery and I love that I get to share that really special moment in peoples lives"



One of a kind is right, these pieces (pics provided by Leif), are Sapphire and 18k Ultra White Gold, WITH Diamonds.  Wow, wild!  



And don't let all the ring photos fool you, ideas flow here for any custom pieces you may need as well. There are broaches, pins, shimmering necklaces and everything in between.

When I asked Leif what the future holds for him, "More of the same! We try to manage the growth of the business to keep it grassroots. I still meet with every client. We have the best customers, and they come with great ideas that we develop into beautiful custom rings".

I know that when I need another piece, I'll be back.  I do have that first anniversary coming up after all. 

Stop by and see for yourself.  Say hello, meet the gang, who knows what you may find.

Bill
................................................................................................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...