Wednesday, January 2, 2013

My Design Goals and some Interior Trends of 2013


Can I write something about my design goals for the year? Do I even have design goals? Is it a resolution if I have yearly goals, God knows I can't keep those. I'll keep this simple.  This year, I'd really like to do something new.  

Maybe it won't be new to the world, but new to me.  
Maybe it will be new in an interesting fashion, a reversal of an earlier idea or trend. 
Maybe it's an unusual space.
Maybe it's exciting!

I just don't know yet.

There is a baby on the way, and a nursery to design.  Thats new. And that's exciting.  I have a really nice kitchen project that is starting to come off the ground now.  Construction begins in late Feb, early March. I have some new ideas I'm trying out for that.  

We'll see how all of that goes.  So will you, if you keep reading.

A quick look then, at some up and coming trends for 2013. They're all P's, they're all predictions and there is no reason behind this. Worked out to look rather tidy though.

Pattern with Colour



I think we're going to be seeing a lot of patterned tile, fabric and painted spaces, mixed with some colours we haven't seen for a while. Burgundies/Red Purples will be big, as will mustards and oranges, but along muted lines. I'm very happy to see some colour popping up in interiors again as more than an accent colour.


Pale Woods, the trend cont'd





The continuation of popular pale woods trend will continue with a bending toward the natural.  White woods and grey'd woods will be popular for many years still, but I'm ecstatic to see more natural flavours starting to come forward.  Almost everything will still have a slight wash or vintage finish overtop. And I'm okay with that.


Proper Mainstream Minimalism 




I think we'll begin seeing more of the organic movement of minimal spaces into elegant family homes.  I want all of you to fully embrace this! Simplify your spaces. Smart design blending the boundaries of the elegant spaces of last year, with a few new minimal pieces from this year. Hands down the trend I want to see succeed the most this year.


So there you have it.  My predictions.  Agree? Disagree? Speak up! Add your own predictions in the comments below.

Bill
.............................................................................................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...